Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pearl Rehabilitative Colony for Ungrateful Daughters by Henry Lien

This short story had a lot of action in it. It was about a spoiled rich girl who went to some fantastic disciplinary camp where she practiced some form of Wushu all day on roller skates. I didn't like her personality at all and hoped she was have a change of heart halfway through the story. Since she kept up her rotten attitude of others I ended up not wanting to finish the story. It didn't seem to go anywhere and I wasn't getting any moral to the story either. That seems to be the case with a lot of stories I'm reading lately. I'm not getting any new ideas or view on life. I'm not getting the moral of the story. The more I read the more I want to jump into the story and slap some sense into people. Maybe it's because of all the Bible reading I've been doing lately. The activities of these characters show how their own personality is really what causes so much trouble in their lives. Anyways it's fun writing about what I read. It makes me feel like I'm getting the most out of my subscription. I also hope that it helps me become a better writer as well, and learn from my experiences and perceptions of other works of fiction.

Until next time happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment